The Vurvonauts are thrilled to share that Spark Capital, the investors behind excellent companies like Twitter, Tumblr and Boxee have joined the Vurve team!
Spark joins 500 Startups, Dave McClure's new venture, and True Ventures in a $4.5m Series A round - rounding out an already excellent group of investors. Santo Politi, one of the founders of Spark, will join Jon Callaghan, one of the founders of True Ventures, on our Board.
We've also expanded our Board of Advisors - it's even more stellar than before!
- Matt Ackley, Head of Product Marketing, Search and Analytics, Google
- Jan Pedersen, Chief Scientist, Bing, Microsoft
- Umang Gupta, CEO, Keynote Systems
- Om Malik, Founder, GigaOm
Same Sharp Focus
While our team has expanded, our focus remains exactly the same. We are still as laser focussed on small businesses as we were the day we started Vurve, and we continue to follow our 3 guiding principles:
- Simplicity - our customers are working hard on building a business, and they don't need yet another complex tool to manage. Our user experience is the simplest in the industry, and will only get better - in fact, we're hiring aggressively for our User Experience team!
- Effectiveness - if our service isn't the most effective marketing for the money, we aren't doing our job very well. Our team of algorithms experts and statisticians work night and day on this - and we're hiring more engineers specializing in Algorithms, Data Mining and Machine Learning.
- Affordability - we only work with customers that spend between $200 and $10,000 per month on marketing. We are able to provide world-class marketing to such small businesses by intense automation of every aspect of marketing, thanks to our crack team of Systems engineers. And we're hiring even more!
Building a Strong Team
We've built a strong team that believe deeply in our mission of making small businesses successful. We pledge to only hire people that rally to this vision - and that will help build Vurve with our guiding principles in sight. In fact, if that describes you, please email us - we're hiring for:
- User Experience - Generalists, Interaction Designers, Visual Designers
- Algorithms, Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Systems Engineering
- Frontend Engineering
- Team Building - VP Engineering and Architects
We've received some great coverage since our launch last week. Do check out the press!
- Our Press Release
- Tech News: TechCrunch, Wired VC, VentureBeat, Xconomy
- Marketing News: MediaPost, The Drum
- Mainstream Coverage: SF Business Journal, SV Mercury News